Application Deadline: 11 March 2019
The University of the West Indies (UWI) is a dynamic, international institution serving the countries of the Commonwealth Caribbean. Its faculties offer a wide range of undergraduate, masters and doctoral programmes in Humanities and Education, Science and Technology, Engineering, Law, Medical Sciences and the Social Sciences. At 70 years old, the institution represents the oldest of its kind within the region and has been responsible for producing outstanding leaders who have made remarkable contributions to regional development.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of:
SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER IN LITERATURES IN ENGLISH Department of Literatures in English.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development within the Department and wider faculty
- Contribute to the life of the University and advance teaching, research and community outreach
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD in Creative Writing (with interest in the Digital Humanities)
- He/she should have relevant teaching experience of at least five years
- He/she should have a demonstrated record of scholarly research/Creative Output
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching
- Ability to teach in other areas of literature beyond Creative Writing
- Experience mentoring creative writers
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition
- Administrative experience within an Academic Institution
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes)
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
Applicants with an MFA in Creative Writing are also encouraged to apply.
For further particulars on the University of the West Indies, Mona and the Department of Literatures in English, please visit https://www.mona.uwi.edu/liteng/
Applicants are required to submit curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications. These should be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com addressed to the Campus Registrar for the attention of the Director, Human Resource Management Division, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica. Applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.
The final date for receipt of applications is March 11, 2019. The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2019.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Above text adapted from email.