26th October 2018
Centre for Intergrated Caribbean Reseach
University of London
CFP Deadline: 10 August 2018
How have Caribbean queer perspectives and Caribbean LGBTQI activism changed since Our Caribbean? What new insights and social/political realities have emerged since the publication of this groundbreaking 2008 collection of lesbian and gay writing from the Antilles? The Race in the Americas (RITA) group, in collaboration with UCL, is proud to announce an event marking the tenth anniversary of Our Caribbean.
In staging an open forum for discussion – as influenced by this ten-year perspective – we invite submissions on any of the following themes:
– Queer Caribbean identities
– Transgender reality in the Caribbean
– Legislation and administration of sexual politics and identity
– Homophobia within Caribbean societies and diasporas
– Antillean intersections of sexuality, race and gender
– LGBTQI activism in the Caribbean
– Emerging queer Caribbean literatures
– Caribbean queerness in popular culture
Creative submissions – including literatures, cinema, theatre and dance – are also welcome.
Please send all submissions to email@example.com no later than 10 August 2018.
For further information, please contact Dr. James O. Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Above text and image adapted from email.