Conversations in Caribbean Studies at the University of Virginia presents a panel and roundtable in honor of the 20th anniversary of Prof. Charles Carnegie’s book Postnationalism Prefigured: Caribbean Borderlands.
7 October 2022
Panelists presenting papers:
- Timothy Chin, Professor of English, California State University
- Rachel Goffe, Assistant Professor of Human Geography, University of Toronto
- Deborah Thomas, R. Jean Brownlee Professor of Anthropology, Director for Center for Experimental Ethnography, University of Pennsylvania
Followed by an interview between:
- David Scott, Ruth and William Lubic Professor and Chair, Anthropology, Columbia University
- Charles Carnegie, Professor Emeritus of Anthropology, Bates College
- Matthew Chin, Assistant Professor of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, UVa
- Ronald Cummings, Associate Professor of English, McMaster University
- Njelle Hamilton, Associate Professor of English and Africana Studies, UVa
Sponsored by the following (at the University of Virginia): Center for Global Inquiry and Innovation; and the departments of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; Anthropology; English; and Africana Studies.