A conference on Caribbean Poetry will be held at Homerton College and the Faculty of Education from 20–22 September 2012.
Speakers and performers include John Agard, Beverley Bryan, Kei Miller, Mervyn Morris, Grace Nichols, Velma Pollard, Olive Senior, Dorothea Smartt.
- Caribbean poetry and the word
- Origins and histories of Caribbean poetry
- Critical engagement with the work of individual poets e.g. the work of
- Derek Walcott / Kamau Brathwaite / Lorna Goodison…
- Re-reading Caribbean poetry
- Caribbean poetry and music
- Ecocriticism and Caribbean poetry
- Caribbean landscapes
- Poetry as emancipation
- Caribbean British poetry
- Approaches to learning and teaching Caribbean poetry
- Migration and location in Caribbean poetry
- Gender in Caribbean poetry
- Caribbean poetry and postcolonial theory
- Caribbean poetry and the curriculum
For more details, see the CFP below and the Caribbean Poetry Project website.
***Please note, the deadline has been extended to March 2012.