The 46th Annual Conference of the Association of Caribbean Historians (ACH)
Fort-de-France and Schœlcher in Martinique
11 May – 16 May, 2014
CFP Deadline: Proposals due by 1 October 2013.
The ACH Executive Committee is accepting paper and panel applications for The 46th Annual Conference of the Association of Caribbean Historians. Members suggested a number of themes at this year’s Annual General Meeting in Belize. While papers on these ideas are encouraged, please note that applicants are welcome to submit proposals about other subjects or ideas.
Suggested themes include:
- World War I in the Caribbean
- Digital Resources, Online History and Archeology
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Caribbean Colonialism
- The Continental Caribbean
- Pan-Caribbean Labor Organizations
- A Retrospective of the Work of Michael Rolph-Troillot
- Representations of the Caribbean in Film
- The Work of Tony Martin and Mary Turner
- African Religions in the Caribbean
- The LBGT Community in the Caribbean
- The Impact of the Congress of Vienna on the Caribbean
- Slavery and Abolition in the French Antilles
- Labor in the Post-Slavery French Antilles
- Teaching and Learning Caribbean History
For more information and for panel and paper application forms, visit the ACH website.
Applications are due by 1 October 2013.
Contact Michelle Craig McDonald, Secretary-Treasurer, Association of Caribbean Historians at email@example.com with questions or comments.