Transoceanic Visual Exchange (TVE) seeks recent artists’ films and videos to be included in an exchange between Fresh Milk (Barbados), RM (Auckland), and Van Lagos (Nigeria) that will take place in June 2015.
CFP deadline: 16 February 2015
Working between the Caribbean, Africa, and Polynesia, TVE aims to negotiate the in-between space of our cultural communities outside of traditional geo-political zones of encounter and trade.
- Must be work from artists practicing in the Caribbean, Africa or Polynesia.
- Must be work that has been completed/made in the last five years.
- Can be films of any length (shorts, experimental, features and video artworks)
- Can be in any language (films originally produced in regional languages are welcome) with English subtitles.
- Multiple submissions are welcome
- Must be accompanied by a description of the work (500 words max), a bio (200 words max) and detail of any technical requirements i.e. audio, installation, equipment required, preferred setting etc.
- Works must be in the form of mp4 files no larger than 10MB, or private Vimeo / Youtube links
Please send submissions and enquiries to the region in which you are practicing:
Africa: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For more details, please see the included poster and the original CFP.
1 thought on “Transoceanic Visual Exchange”
I’m curious why Polynesia was selected over Oceania?
Comments are closed.