sx salon: a small axe literary platform invites submissions for Summer and Fall 2013. sx salon, launched in 2010 as part of the Small Axe Project, is an electronic publication dedicated to literary discussions, interviews with Caribbean literary figures, reviews of new publications (creative and scholarly) related to the Caribbean, and short fiction and poetry by emerging and established Caribbean writers. sx salon also houses the Small Axe Literary Competition, launched in 2009. Visit www.smallaxe.net/sxsalon to view past issues.
sx salon publishes a new issue every three months and invites submissions of the following for our Summer and Fall 2013 issues:
- Literary Discussions that engage issues relevant to Caribbean literary studies: 2,500 words. Anticipated discussions for Summer and Fall include “Chinese Caribbean Literature” and “Dub Poetry.”
- Book Reviews of recent (published no more than two years preceding the date of submission) creative literary works by Caribbean authors or scholarly works related to Caribbean literary studies: 1,200 words. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to query available books.
- Interviews with Caribbean literary figures: 2,500 words
- Poetry and Short Fiction that engage regional and diasporic Caribbean themes and concerns: up to 2 poems or fiction of up to 4,000 words
Deadlines are as follows: Summer issue – May 1; Fall Issue – August 1.
Please visit http://smallaxe.net/sxsalon/submissions.php for more detailed guidelines for submissions.
INQUIRIES AND SUBMISSIONS
All inquiries and submissions should be sent electronically to the following addresses:
- Literary discussions, book reviews, interviews: Kelly Baker Josephs email@example.com
- Short fiction and poetry: Andrea Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org