Anansesem, an ezine for Caribbean children’s literature is currently seeking a Volunteer Poetry Editor.
The Poetry Editor will be someone who genuinely cares about Caribbean children’s literature. The Poetry Editor will be an ambassador not only for Anansesem, but for Caribbean children’s literature. Editors are expected to take ownership of what they bring to the ezine and to the cause of promoting Caribbean children’s literature. Sustained interest is an important part of this role.
To apply, please contact Anansesem here.
• Must reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, or New York.
• Must have an academic or professional background in children’s literature/children’s publishing. Having an online presence (blog, Twitter page etc.) that demonstrates this is a plus.
• Strong interest in Caribbean or multicultural children’s literature.
• Excellent email etiquette.
• Self-motivated, team player, strong communicator.
• The Poetry Editor will evaluate and respond to poetry submissions by adults and children. As a member of the editorial team, the Poetry Editor will play a role in shaping the publication by making editorial decisions about all poetry submissions.
• When necessary, the Poetry Editor may acquire/solicit original content for the website.
• The Poetry Editor is a volunteer position. Current editors are automatically in the running for paid positions should the ezine become a subscription publication.
• This is a telecommute position, but requires some in-person meetings with the Managing Editor.
Poetry Editor time requirement: 20 hours/month (average)
Above adapted from full job description available at the Anansesem website